Re: cygwin Digest 28 Oct 2006 14:33:34 -0000 Issue 5237

Hari Krishna Dara <haridara <at> gmail.com> writes:

> [...]

I have a somewhat simpler version of the same issue:

1. Start a bash shell using the standard cywin batch file under XP.  The batch
file contains:

@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin

bash --login -i

2. Run the following command:
rxvt -sl 200 -e bash --login -i

rxvt opens a new window with a bash shell.  Windows reports two bash processes.
 If I use the close button on the rxvt window, the rxvt terminates but both bash
processes remain.  The second process is an orphaned child from rxvt.

This was done using a standard cygwin install onto XP as of 6 Nov 2006.