Re: Bash 3.1.9 and 3.2.4: igncr setting not effective for 'source'd files

Eric Blake wrote:
According to Matthew Woehlke on 11/2/2006 2:23 PM:
Eric Blake wrote:
And while I'm at it, maybe I will figure out how to name my release
bash-3.1.3-5, so that the bash patchlevel is included in the cygwin
 release number.
I thought that was just a matter of what appears in setup.ini? (But
maybe I am wrong...)

setup.ini uses whatever name I give to the cygwin release tarball, but the g-b-s (generic-build-script), which I still use to generate bash releases, prefers reusing the upstream tarball name when possible. Bash is shipped by the tarball name bash-3.2.tar..., not bash-3.2.<patchlevel>.tar.... So it is just a matter of me tweaking g-b-s to include the patchlevel in the cygwin release.

Ah, then I misunderstood where the problem is. Anyway, good luck!

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)