Can't "ssh localhost" - password not accepted

Hello,

I followed these instructions to install ssh on Cygwin, but they appear to
be broken:
  http://www.nabble.com/ssh-and-SYSTEM-tf1863995.html#a5092524
I haven't been able to find any more detailed instructions anywhere else, so
here I am...

I downloaded the openssh package and installed.
I added the CYGWIN="ntsec tty" EV to Windows
I executed ssh-host-config, answering yes to each option.
I executed "net start sshd"
I imported the windows passwords using "mkpasswd -cl > /etc/passwd" and
"mkgroup --local > /etc/group", although the mkgroup command didn't work
because of an access rights problem. This should import my Windows password,
right?
I then started sshd using "net start sshd", and it starts up:
  The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
  The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

I then stopped sshd, and tried starting it manually, using "/usr/sbin/sshd
-d -e -D", to attempt to view logging whole using "ssh localhost", and I get
the message:
  debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_4.4p1
  Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
  Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
  Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
  Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
  Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
  sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

Have I missed something?
Paul