RE: Uhh-oh, I used a non-standard directory for install

On 03 November 2006 10:51, Michael E. Burke wrote:

> So, is there a way to get a list of all the files to remove?

  Yep.

> Has anyone
> written a shell script that wipes out cygwin files?

  Slight complication with using a shell script that wipes out cygwin files:
the shell /is/ a cygwin file.

> Is there an install log
> hidden somewhere with a list of files installed?

  Yep.  It's in /etc/setup/installed.db.  Here's a shell script to generate a
dos batch file to remove all your cygwin files.

#!/bin/bash
cut -f1 -d' ' < /etc/setup/installed.db | grep -v INSTALLED.DB \
| xargs cygcheck -l | xargs cygpath -w  | sed -e 's/^/del /g' \
> remove-all-cyg-files.bat

  This doesn't take care of the left-over directories.  Running the list
through dirname sort uniq xargs cygpath and sed 's/^/rd /g'
>another-batch-file.bat is left as an exercise for the reader.

    cheers,
      DaveK