Re: GCC 4.1.1?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I didn't see it anywhere on line. How long
before GCC 4.1.1 is available in CygWin, and what can we users do to
accelerate the progress towards said availability?

Why specifically 4.1.1? 4.2.0 has a lot of advantages. Not many people are testing newer gcc versions under cygwin and posting results to gcc_testresults@gcc.gnu.org. Far from sufficient interest to make cygwin one of the primary supported targets for gcc.
People probably want to be assured that cygwin-specific bugs have been fixed, and see satisfactory results for cygwin modifications of standard gcc, such as -mno-cygwin support et al. If you don't need those modifications, you are weloome to build (if necessary) and install the newer public versions.
I myself don't see a lot of incentive to keep cygwin up to date until 64-bit support is available.