Permission to read anything from ls, cp, and find?

I have a bash shell script that I run every night using Windows task
scheduler. The purpose of this script is to take an inventory of my
PC, and to make copies of a few important files. The script calls ls,
find, cp, and a few other ordinary Linux/Unix utilities.

My problem is that the script does not have sufficient privilege to
read every file on my PC. If I run the script as user Administrator,
it fails to inventory certain files owned by SYSTEM. If I run the
script as user SYSTEM, it fails to inventory many files owned by
ordinary users.

I suspect there is a solution to this problem. I use a commercial
backup software product that certainly does not have this problem.

How to list and copy every file on a PC using Cygwin utilities?