Re: bash scripts fail with bash3.1-8

Am Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:19:52 -0500
schrieb mwoehlke :

> Thomas Porschberg wrote:
> > Am Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:02:29 +0100
> > schrieb "Dave Korn" :

> >>   How about
> >>
> >> CHECKOUTS=`cleartool lsc -all -cvi -s | d2u`  # list all my
> >> checkouts
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> for one in $((echo $CHECKOUTS | d2u)) ; do echo $one Hello ; done
> >>
> >> depending on how happy cleartool is on piping output to a cygwin
> >> program.
> >
> > This is exactly the problem I have with my sqlplus call.
> > Is there a way to solve it without introducing the d2u filter ?
>
> You could try the new shopt... but have you considered arranging for
> 'sqlplus' to point to a shell script that would exec 'sqlplus.exe'
> and pipe it through d2u?

I tried the new "shopt -s igncr;#' but it does not work for this case.
(It does work if I have CR polluted files but not with the piped stdout
result)
Your approach with the additional shell script looks good. Thank you.
But it was not necessary in the past and now I have to do it for every
Windows program I call from cygwin and that writes to stdout.
( ATM I see only sqlplus in my case :-) ).

Thomas