Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-3.1-9

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 04:28:13PM +0000, Eric Blake wrote:
mwoehlke writes:
Eric Blake wrote:
Second, this release adds a new shopt, igncr, which dynamically
tells bash to ignore all \r in the input file when it is set; however, it
defaults to unset.
So, I keep wanting to know if you are thinking about submitting this upstream (or have you done so already?)...

I'm hoping to port the patches to the 3.2 beta before proposing them upstream (right now, my cygwin TODO list includes: get coreutils 6.3 stable ported to cygwin, get bash 3.2beta ported to cygwin as experimental, post bash patches upstream, update bash-completion to use cygport and add some long overdue promised completion functions for cygwin). As written, my patch is conditionalized on __CYGWIN__, but when proposing it upstream, I will try to make it more generic.

I really appreciate all of the time, thought, and effort you're putting into this, Eric. The Cygwin project is lucky to have you.

What CGF said. And good luck with coreutils; I'm currently trying to build it across /my/ platform list (except for Cygwin which I leave in your capable hands). OSS should be fun... :-)

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)