bash scripts fail with bash3.1-8

Hi there,

I use ClearCase via cygwin and had a handy bunch of scripts
which stopped working when I upgraded to the latest bash last
week.  A quick perusal of the mailing list revealed that the
latest bash no longer strips CRs where it used to.

By way of an example as to what broke, note that in the following
that  "cleartool" is not a cygwin tool (it's a Windows executable),
writing its CRLF-terminated output to Windows' stdout.

CHECKOUTS=`cleartool lsc -all -cvi -s`  # list all my checkouts

I used to be able to do

for one in $CHECKOUTS ; do echo $one Hello ; done

C:/Path/To/file1 Hello
C:/Path/To/file2 Hello

Now it seems that "$one" above contains the binary CR, so I get:

Hello h/To/file1
Hello h/To/file2

What do I need to do to get this working again?

Thanks!

--turly
--
I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.