Re: Problems with archiver "ar"

Thanks Eric for the proposals for "mount":
   >mount -f -u -t "c:/cygwin/home/eblake/text" "/home/eblake/text"

Unfortunately this does not work for me. (Shell scripts still show that this is not mounted in textmode). The directory I have to mount in textmode would be

C:\DATA\myProject\solution1

so I tried (taking your mount as reference)

mount -f -u -t "C:\DATA\myProject\solution1" "/cygdrive/c/DATA/myProject/solution1"

and "mount" showed the following

C:\Programme\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\Programme\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\Programme\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
C:\DATA\myProject\solution1 on /cygdrive/c/DATA/myProject/solution1 type user (textmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
k: on /cygdrive/k type system (binmode,noumount)
y: on /cygdrive/y type system (binmode,noumount)
z: on /cygdrive/z type system (binmode,noumount)

but indeed the directory of interest seems to work in binmode.
I need the directory in the "surrounding" of the other directories, i.e. relative paths are required.

Any comments help?
Thanks in advance.

PS: The problem with "ar" is still there and I think (as Eric pointed out) that "ar" is not correctly reading in binmode/textmode. Once I solved the mounting problems, I will do some more tests with "ar".