Re: mssing packages for cygwin

> I read mount and cygpath manual, but still not sure if there is a way
> that I can
> run
> tar cvf test.tar c:/test or
> tar cvf test.tar c:\test

Actually, from either a DOS or a bash (or other cygwin) shell, you can do:

tar cvf test.tar /cygdrive/c/test

Get used to POSIX paths - cygwin is a Linux emulation for Windows, and
POSIX paths will work in more places than DOS paths (not to mention that
backslashes are a pain to use on the command line with regards to proper
quoting rules between the two different styles of shells, but forward
slashes work great in both cases).

tar cvf test.tar /cygdrive/c/test is nice to work.

howver, can I mount /cygdrive/c as c:/ and run as
tar cvf test.tar c:/test ?

I have tar.exe djgpp and it works this way.

Thanks.

Tom

Be seen and heard with Windows Live Messenger and Microsoft LifeCams http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/default.mspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline