Re: mssing packages for cygwin

Eric,

From: ericblake@comcast.net (Eric Blake)
To: Tom Lee <tom_lee01@hotmail.com>, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: mssing packages for cygwin
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:40:50 +0000

> I have found the packages to install.
> However, when I type cpp.exe in msdos shell, I got the error:
>
> cpp: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1': No such file or directory

Then you didn't install it.  Rerun setup.exe, select gcc from the
list of packages, and you should be able to install it.

On the machine I have gcc installed, cpp.exe works.

when I copy cpp.exe and all cygwin related dll to another computer, I got the error:
cpp: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1': No such file or directory

I searched the machine with gcc isntalled, there is no cc1*

are there any registry issure related to this problem?

thanks for your suggestion.

Tom