RE: Bash 3.1.17(8) CR/LF problem

Jonathan Arnold wrote:
You can change the Perforce filetype to be binary, and that way Perforce
will leave the cr/lf alone. Then check out the scripts, do a d2u on them,
and check them back in.

$ p4 edit -t binary myscript.sh

I believe this is what I will end up being forced to do. Many of the other fixes could be used if this were just my system, however I have to assist over 30 developers scattered around the country, most of whom are Cygwin illiterate (other than running a simple build script).

The mount point idea would work, except that every developer gets their
local sandbox in different areas of their drives, and most have multiple
sandboxes active for work on different branches.

The only truly annoying thing with binary files in Perforce is that it
makes diffing and merging much harder.