Re: downgrading make version

I tried this version and it solved two problems that I had with
dependencies being incorrectly interpreted as target patterns. But then I got another problem. In my Makefile I have:

(CP) = \cp

install: $(PROGS)
	$(CP) $(PROGS) $(INSTBINDIR)

And I get from make install:

\cp nda.exe mtk.exe sda.exe /home/mast/CYGMOD/bin
make: \cp: Command not found

David

Quoting William Hoffman:

"If you are interested in downgrading to get dos driver letter specification
to work. (i.e. c:/foo/bar.) Please try the patched version of make 3.81.

http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe

Please report back to this list if you have any issues with this version
of make.

-Bill"