RE: no message or dialog when a DLL is missing

Dave Korn

> On 30 August 2006 16:19, Pierre Baillargeon wrote:
>
> > I've identified the reason why DLL don't show up: in the
> startup code
> > (winsup/cygwin/dcrt0.cc), in dll_crt0_0(), Win32's
> SetErrorMode() is
> > called to suppress all OS error dialogs. It's there since 1998
> > according to the changelog, so it must not bother many people...
>
>   It's a real, huge, massive problem, when an entirely
> scripted and automated process such as a cron job suddenly
> pops up a requester in the middle of the night that won't go
> away until someone comes in the next day, logs in, and clicks
> it away ...

Have you ever tried running the gcc (or other large) testsuite on mingw
(or cygwin -mno-cygwin)?
I have a special crt2.o that I use for that which does the SetErrorMode
trick.

Similarly there is nothing to stop user code from turning SetErrorMode()
on again if you want it .

Danny