Re: [ITP] libsigsegv-2.4-1

Reini, thank you for the response.

I have cygwin installed and running (for about an year in this
computer) and I originally installed it using setup.exe. I installed
all the available packages at the time.

Now I'm just trying to get libsigsegv to work. I first followed the
README installation steps as follows:

./configure
make
make check

but I get an error when running make:

handler.c:20:10: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>

and by looking at handler.c I guess it is complaining about
#include CFG_HANDLER

Then I tried using the binary distribution, manually copying the parts
to their places as I described in my original e-mail, but that didn't
work.

I hope I'm now a giving you a more complete picture. I'll appreciate
if you can give me some ideas about how to get it to work.

Thank you.

MAC

On 8/30/06, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
[CC: cygwin - list]

Martin Coria schrieb:
> I want to use libsigsegv within CYGWIN and so far I couldn't. I
> downloaded and unzipped the binary distribution and manually copied
> the files to their respective places. After doing that I tried to
> compile one of the example programs that comes with the source
> distribution (stackoveflow1.c) but I get the following error:
>
> stackoverflow1.c:31:21: config.h: No such file or directory.
>
> I'd appreciate if you could tell me what I'm missing.

Hi Martin,
Please use the email address as noted in the cygwin README.
I CC to that.

1. Please use http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to install cygwin packages.
There's more involved than just extracting the files, esp. when you
encounter problems.

2. stackoverflow1.c:31:21: config.h from the tests dir.
Please compile the src as advertised in the cygwin README or if you
don't want to to use cygport at least as stated in the default INSTALL file.

./configure; make; make check

Then you'll have a config.h in top_srcdir and the tests will compile
sucecssfully.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/