Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:47:38PM -0400, Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
>>You're asking people for help.
>Actually, I'm trying to help *you*.

So, sticking to the one topic per message would be your best bet, then.

>But since you feel this is worth its own thread,  perhaps you are
>right -- after all, people who are trying to work on your project may
>have their messages unnecessarily dropped.  Clear and reliable
>communication is very important in a large project, so that is a
>pretty big problem.  I'll send a message to cygwin-owner@cygwin.com
>to make sure it gets pointed out properly.

Please don't send email to cygwin-owner.  cygwin-owner already knows
about the html policy and I can say with great assurance that they have
no interest in changing it.

>But I'm rapidly losing my enthusiasm to do any debugging on this
>project since I keep having to jump through hoops.

That's certainly your perogative.

>As Corinna pointed out in a previous reply, it's a pain to jump into a
>new codebase and look around, but at least I was willing to give it a
>shot on my end, even if no one else is willing to return the favor on
>your end.

You've received help from two people so far.  Hopefully they won't be
put off by being considered "no one".

cgf