Re: copying and pasting in the terminal window?

    mwoehlke> Awesome?  It appears to be xterm

No, it's rxvt.  Different program.

    mwoehlke> which needs an X server

True for xterm; false for rxvt.

    mwoehlke> And I see exactly zero ways in which it is an
    mwoehlke> improvement over Console.

For Emacs users, the keyboard is somewhat better: various combinations
of keys that include Escape actually get sent to Emacs.  I forget
which though.

--
Paul Graham is right.
        --Shriram Krishnamurthi