program fails to find it's DLL

Hi all,

I've got an issue here with some command line programs, all from the same editor.

Commands are issued from bash 3.0.16-14 / cygwin 1.5.18-1 on a
computer running W2K SP4.
Everything was ok until someone introduced an invalid path in the default PATH that bash inherits from cmd.exe .
Let's say that PATH is made of 3 parts: