Re: sshd error - Could not load host key

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:49:48 -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
   <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

> All Cygwin packages come with Cygwin-specific READMEs in
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin or /usr/doc/Cygwin.  You'll find installation
> notes, among other things there.  For OpenSSH, you'll find it
> mentions the installation scripts ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config.
> These are the recommended installation scripts.  Using anything else
> is likely to lead to a broken installation.

Ah, that's what I was doing wrong, I forgot the /Cygwin on the path
(/usr/share/doc/openssh does indeed have a README file but it's not
useful for the extra scripts).

I don't know about breaking the installation, but not using the scripts
certainly doesn't work.  Sometime I'll look at the scripts to find out
why...

Chris C