Re: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

On 8/10/06, mwoehlke wrote:
Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> Yes, it's sort-of my fault. I just have a Perl script that chunks the
> newlib libc.info files into faux man pages.

Ah, ok, makes sense. Too bad newlib doesn't have proper manpages, in
that case. Although am I understanding that newlib itself doesn't have
*any* manpages, meaning a: I need to be fixing their INFO, and b: any
manpages should be sent this way after all?

Well, I'd be for fixing the newlib files rather than replacing them. The issue with replacing them with our own custom versions or with Linux ones is that the documentation no longer comes from the actual upstream libc (or worse-- in the case of Linux it comes from a possibly incompatible *different* upstream libc).

If you'd like to add better *roff formatting to the perl script, it's
in the cygwin-doc
src package. A warning, though, it's a mess.