/bin/sh very slow

hi all,

I've installed a fresh cygwin on my WinXP Pro computer, and started to compile
some software. The compilation is much slower than before, especially the
"make install" part, which should usually go quite fast.
The Task Manager shows sh.exe occupying 100% of CPU time.

Compilation and installation of net-snmp took ages.

By the way, I might contribute a cygwin package for it when I find time.

regards
stan