Re: CreateFileMapping Problem

On 08/07/2006, a.heider wrote:
we have cygwin installed on a development windows server. os is windows server 2003 standard r2 x64, and users are logging in through opensshd and rdesktop. we're encountering this problem: 2 [main] bash (4544) C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** CreateFileMapping Global\cygwin1S4.cygpid.4544, Win32 error 0. Terminating. it happens to all users to all kind of cygwin-processes (make, bash, sed, ...) at (as it seems) random times. it only happens to global mappings with error always set to zero and it seems to occur more often on more concurrent (multiuser) make instances. our make process spawns alot of additional processes. it doesnt matter if the user is logged in through sshd (openssh installed as a cygwin service) or rdesktop. while digging through the mailinglist, i found two possible solutions: 1) rebase the whole cygwin installation 2) give the sshd/user more privileges (SeCreateGlobalPrivilege...) none of the above solved our problem. today 2 users got the exact same error message including the pid field. is there a possible conflict and users connected through terminal services can have identical (cygwin/windows) pids? code in question is: cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/cygheap.cc cygheap_init () cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/pthread.cc mangle_sem_name () cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/shared.cc open_shared () shared_name () any feedback is appreciated as this problem breaks our build process.

Try updating your Cygwin package to the latest.

Holliston, MA 01746