Pine bug in cygwin?

I'm seeing weirdness in pine under cygwin.  I can normally send
and receive mail just fine.  When I try to send a large file as
an attachment I get two error messages displayed.  During the
transmission the status bar displays:

Encoding Error "Interrupted system call"

then after a second or so it displays:

Mail not sent. Sending error: 421 SMTP connection went away!

I'm sending and receiving mail using

  smtp-server=127.0.0.1/novalidate-cert
  inbox-path={127.0.0.1/ssl/novalidate-cert}inbox

(there's some ssh port forwarding going on as well).  I tested
the identical setup from linux and pine worked fine there.  I can
receive large attachments fine, it just seems to have issues while
sending.

I tried against pine 4.58 (the current binary shipped with cygwin)
and the latest 4.64 version (which I built myself) and both showed
the same behavior.

PS: It's about time to update the cygwin pine binary, no?

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/