Re: permissions on .exe files

Hemal Pandya wrote:
If I create a file somefile.exe "outside cygwin" then cygwin reports
that it is executable. But if the file is created by cygwin then it
does not become executable unless explicitly set.

One implication of this is that when I extract a .zip using cygwin
unzip then the .exe, .dll, .bat etc do not get the executable
permission.

Is there a way to tell cygwin to assign u+x for the files created from
cygwin for which it would have otherwise assumed this permission?

I'm experiencing similar problems when I download an .exe with wget. Since my question on this issues didn't get a real satisfying answer, I still download to a FAT32 drive. So I hope this problem can be solved.

Regards,
Frank