Re: Cygwin services using uid 400, not SYSTEM. Why?

Hi,

AARRGGHH! I have solved the problem... bloody tunnel vision :-(

The following will explain it in technocolor:

<SNIP>
shaddy@bebop ~
$ ls -l /etc/inetd.conf
-rwxr-x--- 1 shaddy None 2434 Jul 10 04:52 /etc/inetd.conf

shaddy@bebop ~
$ chmod a+r /etc/inetd.conf

shaddy@bebop ~
$ ls -l /etc/inetd.conf
-rwxr-xr-- 1 shaddy None 2434 Jul 10 04:52 /etc/inetd.conf

shaddy@bebop ~
$ cygrunsrv -S inetd

shaddy@bebop ~
$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to bebop.
Escape character is '^]'.

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.20(0.156/4/2) (bebop) (tty1)

login:
</SNIP>

I'm so sorry I didn't pick up on this earlier. Thanks for your attention. If you have any ideas on the UID 400 problem, I'd still be very interested to hear what was happening on that.