RE: scp timeout on dual-core processor

I have the same exact problem as Steve:

"I have a (what appears to be) similar problem also with a dual core

(Centrino Duo) machine.  My problem manifests when I attempt to paste in an
X window (i.e. click the middle mouse button).  I immediately (100%
reproducible) get "Disconnecting: Timeout, server not responding.", and my
ssh session dies."

I just got a new machine with a centrino duo, dual core processor...

Just another data point.. If there is anything I can do in terms of diagnosis please let me know.

Thx,

--Kurt