Re: Failure to run image magic in the latest release

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:01:27AM +0100, Andy Rushton wrote:
Hi all,

I have found a problem with ImageMagick and a temporary fix.

After a recent update to my Cygwin installation, the convert program
stopped working. It simply exited silently, though I discover with gdb
that it was failing with an unknown exception. It turned out that this
was because of a missing dll, specifically
/usr/X11R6/bin/cygdpstk-1.dll, which also requires
/usr/X11R6/bin/cygdps-1.dll.

So, as I said, I don't know whether this could be fixed by you or the x11 maintainers. Any thoughts?

Just one: cygwin/x issues should really go to the cygwin-xfree mailing list.

I for one am very glad it has been mentioned on the Cygwin list, as I had noticed similar behaviour but not bothered to establish the cause. And I would never have thought it was an X-related problem as convert is a non-graphical program.

I think it affects GraphicsMagick also.

-- Mark Hadfield "Kei puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou" m.hadfield@niwa.co.nz National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)