RE: 1.5.20-1 perl 2328 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed

Thank you for the snapshot advice; right now (well, into tomorrow and
possibly Monday) I will be doing a binary search of the installation
snapshots to try and track down the offending diff.  The latest snapshot
exhibits the same behavior.  So far I have narrowed the problem down to
between Feb 03 and May 25.

You were correct about the Perl version; downgrading it did not fix the
issue.  I did notice that downgrading the 'cygwin' package did fix the
issue, even when combined with the latest perl.  So it seems we're on the
right track.

I knew the UNC in the path would come up!  This machine is only automated
operations under normal circumstances.  Every binary required by the scripts
is either before the UNC path or executed with a modified PATH variable, and
since the scripts don't make typos, it hasn't been an issue.  As to why the
UNC path is still there, given that we don't use it...hmm, question of the
year :)

William Sheehan
Builds Engineer / Network Administrator
Open Interface North America