Re: libdwarf available?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, David Greene wrote:

> I've done some googling about libdwarf on cygwin and it seems
> that at least one person has managed to compile libelf and
> libdwarf for cygwin.

I imagine that one person would be me.  However, the libelf component of
your statement would not be completely true.

We use these on native Cygwin executables (PECOFF), so we created a stub
libelf with just enough functionality to enable the support we needed from
libdwarf.

> I'd like to use these libraries to examine executables produced
> for non-Windows systems.  That is, I need to create a tool to
> examine the Dwarf from ewxecutable formats that support it.
> These are UNIX ELF binaries.

I've not done this in this way for cross debugging.  What exact
functionality and licensing do you need here.  Can gdb and binutils be
used?

> Is there a precompiled package for libelf and libdwarf available?

No.

> If not, does anyone have any experience building these for cygwin?

Have you tried?  What problems did you run into?

--
Brian Ford
Lead Realtime Software Engineer

.