Re: Access to Network Drive under ssh

David Greene wrote:
I tried to do a manual mount with no success:

$ net use H: \\samba-drive\dag
H: has a remembered connection to \\samba-drive\dag. Do you
want to overwrite the remembered connection? (Y/N) [Y]:
No valid response was provided.

The strange thing here is that "net use" didn't even wait
for me to answer the question.

Yup, 'net' doesn't understand tty's (which is what you get with ssh). Basically, if 'net' needs to ask you anything, it won't work, and your only recourse is to complain to Microsoft.

Since you've let the cat out of the bag, my own problem is a little stranger. I can see my drives just fine, but for some reason I can't write to them (works fine from a 'at the glass' session). Worse, it only happens on my Win2K3 computer; my XP one, using almost the exact same setup otherwise, is fine.

Anyway, the way I generally get things... well, closer to working, is to create a service that calls 'bash -c <some-sshd-init-script>', and have the script issue a bunch of 'net use <foo> <bar>' commands and then exec sshd. That way you don't have to worry about connections being remembered, because they will always be created for you when sshd starts up.

--
Matthew
Do not expose to extreme heat, cold, or open flame.