ssh and SYSTEM

I am running WinXP SP2

I installed openssh and followed the instructions at
http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html on how to install.

This was no problem but when I looked at the /etc/ssh* files the were owned
by SYSTEM.

I tried to vi sshd_config but it was read only.

I then did a "chmod mememe /etc/sshd_config" and it changed the owner to
mememe and I was able to vi the file.

The owner mememe has administrator priviledges.

I see the line in "SYSTEM:*:18:544:544:..... in the /etc/passwd

I am not sure what this account is or where it is created from. It is not in
my list of accounts under "computer management / local users and groups".

1) Can I change all my /etc/ssh* file to user mememe or do they have to be
SYSTEM.

2) Am I suppose to be able to log in to the account SYSTEM?

3) Do I need to log in as SYSTEM?

4) What is the account SYSTEM?

My sshd works and I am able to ssh from the outside. It is just that
inquiring minds want to know about SYSTEM.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw@purdue.edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street                   FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067