Re: Populating /var/run/utmp?

mwoehlke wrote:
Brian Dessent wrote:
mwoehlke wrote:
I would like to use 'w' on my Cygwin installation. I found
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-09/msg01177.html, but it only seems to
work on one of my computers: [snip]

Are you sure you're not trying to set CYGWIN=tty after the first shell has already initialized? It won't work if you do that, it has to be set before.

Hmm... no I'm not sure :-). I am going to try with CYGWIN=tty set in the registry (ala Control Panel->System->Advanced->E10t Variables)... that seems to work for "on the glass" sessions but I will need to restart sshd to test those, and I'm currently using some of those sessions.

Ok, power failure, NOT how I wanted to reboot... But 'w' is working now; thanks again!

--
Matthew
"Sorry. Wrong species." --ST-TNG