Re: res_search problem

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 04:35:19PM -0500, Peter Fales wrote:
> I'm trying to port some code which uses res_search() to look up an SRV
> record.

Pulled the source to the minires package and did some poking around.
It seems that  write_record() in os-interface.c has cases for the
different types of DNS records (A, PTR, MX, etc.) but doesn't have a
case for SRV records (type 33).   Unfortunately, I don't have enough
expertise in Cygwin or DNS lookups to supply a patch, but perhaps this
will help someone.   It would certainly be nice if Cygwin had support
for SRV records.

Thanks,

--
Peter Fales