RE: scp timeout on dual-core processor

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Baldwin
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:27 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: scp timeout on dual-core processor

(text deleted)

>OK, now I don't believe my problems are related to the CPU(s).  I
disabled
>the 2nd core in the BIOS and I was still getting the problem.  I think
it is
>more likely to be some nasty interaction with some piece of software on
this
>new machine.

>Please ignore my previous post (at least until I do a bit more
investigation).

>Steve

Following your message, I tried this also.  I disabled two "performance"
settings in the BIOS: one setting disabled the dual-core and the other
setting disabled a feature that Intel is calling 'SpeedStep'.  Even with
both features disabled, the 'scp' commands listed in previous email
messages failed.