Ownership/permissions of files on an external disk drive used with several PCs

Hi,

My question is how to best manage ownership/permission on an external disk drive.
I'm using an external drive with different PCs, and/or different accounts and groups. I would like that all files created or modified on any PC/account is readable AND modifiable from any other PC/account (files created from Windows apps or cygwin (e.g. emacs, latex,...)).
For the moment, the default ownership is typically 644 (-rw-r--r--) and therefore not modifiable from an other PC/account (from an other PC the ownership and group are displayed as ???????? ???????? ).
Up to now, I manually modify permission or ownership, but I would very much appreciate an automatic procedure. for example such that all files created (from Windows AND cygwin) are 666. Note that I can not change the name of the different accounts I'm using on different PCs.

Olivier

--

Olivier.Renaud@pse.unige.ch        http://www.unige.ch/~renaud/
Methodology and Data Analysis  -   Section of Psychology - FPSE