Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

Steven Hartland wrote:

> Just to back this up, we cant get basic rsync to run reliably
> using cygwin either. The command being tested is run from a
> FreeBSD box with the source being a cygwin box using cygwin
> 1.5.19-4:
> rsync -av cygwin1:/testdir/ /testdir/
>
> The result is it will randomly hang on a file, no output / error
> returned just stops.
[snip]
> tcsh                    6.14.00-5          OK

While testing is csh involved?

Your description above is very close to a problem with cvs reported and solved
recently by Jay Abel.  In short, tcsh at the receiving end is changing \r\n to
\n inside binary files, so the receiving process waits for the expected bytes
but it receives less.
--
René Berber