RE: Windows 95 support ?

Gary - you should know better.  Top-posting reformatted, to avoid
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU, and raw email munged; you
really should http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR.

                      ^^^^      ^^^^^

> > > I have a w95 qemu image which I can use for testing, yes.
> > >

> > Excellent, I'll try and get something together tonight.
> >
> Ok Sam, give it a try:
>
> http://home.att.net/~g.r.vansickle/cygwin/SetupInstaller/SetupInstaller.exe
>
> This installer contains the latest released Cygwin setup.exe (2.510.2.2) and
> msvcrt.dll version 6.0.9782.0, which AFAIK is the latest redistributable
> available.  It won't overwrite a newer version of either the exe or the DLL.
> Works great for me on XP here.
>
> There'd be source for setup.exe 2.510.2.2 here as well if it was here:
> http://www.cygwin.com/setup/ or somewhere else that I could find it.

setup.exe is under the GPL.  In order for you to distribute a version
of setup.exe on your website, you must also offer to distribute the
sources you used to build it.  I also hope you didn't violate the
GPL by including msvcrt.dll in your binary; but I will leave that to
an actual lawyer to determine if you are in violation.

By my understanding of the GPL, a link on your site pointing to
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/setup/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps
is inadequate - by publishing the binary yourself, you are now
obligated to also publish the snapshot of the source you used
to build your binary.

--
Eric Blake