Cygwin Installation Freezes

Hello, I am fairly new to cygwin.  I tried installing it using the
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe link.  Other than the default packages, I
also selected some development utilities to allow me to compile in C.  I am
downloading the packages fine, however whenever I get to the installation
portion, it always freezes when trying to install
/usr/include/mingw/assert.h in the mingw-runtime-3.9-2 package.  I have
already tried disabling Norton Real Time Virus scanner with no luck.  Any
one with a similar problem?  Thanks.