RE: packages for groupadd and useradd commands

On 20 April 2006 10:53, Harmin Rueda wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Can anybody tell me which packages do I need to install in order to
> execute the following commands:
>
> groupadd
> useradd

  To do this on cygwin, you need to add the user accounts and groups in
windows, then regenerate your passwd and group files using mkpasswd/mkgroup.

  If you want to add windows user groups/accounts from the cygwin environment,
you can invoke the 'doze commands "net user" and "net localgroup" from a
shell/script/whatever.  Run "net user /?" and "net localgroup /?" for syntax
details.

    cheers,
      DaveK