RE: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Thanks for the various suggestions/comments. I'm afraid I am a little bit
confused. But here's what I can confirm after trying some more things:

1. there's no doubt I have a working cygwin installation, but perl was not
even on the list of packages I could choose in the install. Now that it's
installed, it is not listed if I search by cygcheck -s, cygcheck -c or
cygcheck -p (I understand that at least one of those should tell me what
packages were downloaded and available to install, even if I didn't manage
to install it yet). I tried installing from 2 different mirror sites in case
they were somehow different.

2. I seem to have unix utilities in my laptop install of cygwin.

3. "skip" changed to "keep" after the initial install when I went back to
the setup.exe to see if I could install perl or anything else that wasn't
there when I first downloaded, later. This makes sense in light of Dave's
comment below.

4. the rxvt option in the link that Igor sent me seems interesting. But I
have no idea how to "switch" these things. There wasn't enough information
in the page that I was linked to to tell me. I'm sorry-- I'm new at this.

Thanks,
Tasha