Re: cygrunsrv.exe with csrss.exe cause 100% system load with API-Call

On 4/10/06, Patrick Lichtner <patrick.lichtner@avira.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> we are an antivirus vendor and customers can't update our software with
> OpenSSH for Windows (cygwin1.dll v 1005.10.0.0) running:
>
> The cygwin process "cygrunsrv.exe" together with the Microsoft
> Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem ("csrss.exe") cause the load as
> soon as our "update.exe" is triggered.
>
> We do NOT touch any of these processes with updater or scanner. So
> there's NO chance to exclude anything here. WHAT we do is to browse all
> processes for explorer to find the current users desktop before starting
> our apps. This is done only on NT/W2K. We perform a
> FindFirstProcess()/FindNextProcess(). So we simply created a testapp
> which caused the same effect: If this tool is started, cygwin or csrss
> needs 100% of the CPU. The tool use only windows API calls and so the
> described behaviour is a bug in CYGWIN.
> Examples can be also taken from the MSDN help (ProcessList). As soon as
> the API Call "Process32First" is called and the process "csrss" is
> attached, the CPU gets 100%. The process list is required by us for
> different tasks.
>
> So what can we do? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Attach the testprogram so we can figure out what's going on. Dont
expect anybody really looks into MSDN help (ProcessList). There not
many M$ Lovers here -imo - otherwise cygwin wouldn't extist.
Alex

--
Take a look - not only for computer people ;) http://www.seabreeze.co.th