Re: Cywin SSHD MySQL

Jason,

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE>.  Redirecting to the list.

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Jason Leung wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was reading the cygwin forums, Came across this post
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00674.html regarding MySQL,
> Cygwin, and SSH. I'm actually having the same problem, I can't get into
> mysql remotely.

This doesn't sound like the same problem.  The problem Paul was seeing was
with no output from the mysql shell due to it being confused about
Cygwin's ptys.

> I was wondering if either of you had come across a workaround to the
> problem? I'm writing a script to do some administrative task's and using
> ssh is one of my only means of grabbing information from the remote
> machine. IE MySQL's SHOW MASTER STATUS.
>
> Any leads would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Jason Leung

You probably don't need to use MySQL interactively anyway.  If you have
troubles accessing the *database* from an ssh session, one thing to
remember is that public-key ssh fakes the authentication token (since it
cannot really get the user's password to put in there), so any activity
that requires the "real" (i.e., password-login) token (e.g., accessing
network shares) will fail.

If that is not your problem, please elaborate on what you mean by "can't
get into MySQL".  And please keep this discussion on the list in the
future.
	Igor
P.S. Noticing that you use GMail, please also read
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR> before posting a reply.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"