Some pointers required on log file examination.

Hi.

I have a document building process which gets its data from a CVS and
then autoconf/configure/make...

The CVS command I'm using produces 2 log files. The first (cvs1.log)
contains all the directory names. The second (cvs2.log) contains the
actual changes to the local files.

What I want to do is not proceed with a nearly 3 hour make when the
amount of changes is small.

By small I mean less than 50 files changed.

Also, if one from a specific set of files has changed then the make
must go ahead.

If the make is NOT to go ahead, then the current cvs2.log is to be
kept and appended to the next time round, so eventually 50 files WILL
have changed and off we go.

I know next to nothing about Cygwin, so please be nice.

Where do I start?

Thank you,

Richard Quadling.

--
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.