Re: ghostscript 8.53

Cary Lewis wrote:

> The standard ghostscript available in the cygwin setup.exe is 8.50, but I need
> 8.53 to produce FAX tiff files correctly.
>
> I was able to build the AFPL ghostscript from source, but it can not locate any
> of  fonts.
[snip]
$ gs --help
GPL Ghostscript 8.50 (2005-12-31)
Search path:
   . : /usr/share/ghostscript/8.50/lib :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/8.50/Resource : /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts
Initialization files are compiled into the executable.

The first search path has the Fontmap.GS file which could be used to load/locate
the fonts; the last path has the actual fonts currently used.

So it looks like you did not configure the required paths or the place where you
installed the fonts.
--
René Berber