6.8.99.901-1 as "current"? (was Re: Testing snapshots - III)

On Mar 23 13:33, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> For the sake of completeness.
>
> With the snapshots 20060322 the problems described in
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00624.html and in
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00435.html seem to be solved!
>
> I note, only, that after launching 'startxwin.bat', if one tries:
>
>    mouse-3 on the X icon in the systray | Exit
>
> there is a stack dump and the XWin.exe.stackdup is created on the desktop.

That's a bug in XWin.  It just has not been present before due to a bug
in newlib which has been fixed just a couple of days before.

FWIW, the bug is apparently fixed in xorg-x11 version 6.8.99.901-1,
which is available as test version using setup.

Maybe we should make 6.8.99.901-1 the "current" version now?  Is it
stable enough for that?

Corinna

Red Hat