Re: Don't understand proc magic check.

Dave Korn wrote:

>   I don't even understand how it can get to the "proc magic mismatch" error
> without printing out the "res is ..." debugging message, and I'm kinda stumped
> what to try next.  Anyone got /any/ suggestions at all?

By any chance are you trying to use the newly-built DLL with installed
headers from 1.5.19 or some other version that is still older than the
just-built DLL?  I make it a point to do something like "make
install-headers DESTDIR=/usr" whenever installing a newly-built
cygwin1.dll that I intend to actually use.

> [*] I may be mistaken in my belief that I need them, but that's beside the
> point.

I've never had any problems using the packaged version of binutils, it
seems to work fine with the split .dbg file.  The packaged version of
binutils is what created the .dbg file in the build in the first place,
so I would say it's safe to assume that it has that support.

Brian