Losing key bindings in Bash 3.00.16(14)-release

Hi Folks,

Versions: Windows XP SP2, RXVT 2.7.10, Bash 3.00.16(14)-release, Cygwin DLL 1.5.18.

Since Bash 3.x became the default version installed with Cygwin, on my system, Bash inexplicably loses the command line edit bindings. This usually happens when a window has been open for a day or more and I've done alot of work in it.

The problem shows itself when I press Ctrl-A or Ctrl-E or other command line editing keys, and instead of going to the start or the end of the line, I see "^A" or "^E" in the command line at the cursor position.

(I have Bash 3.00.14(1)-release on a Fedora Linux system and haven't noticed this behavior.)

I haven't discovered how to restore editing bindings to the BASH command line other than closing the RXVT window and re-opening it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

=======Keith