Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.2 crashes diring import...

Reini Urban wrote:
I see in your previous mail, that your cygserver SHM settings
are already at the maximum. Hope that your have that much RAM/Virtual Memory.

I did this just desperately looking for solution, but seems the problem is not there.

Your problem:
9 [main] postmaster 656 transport_layer_pipes::connect: lost
connection to cygserver, error = 121

Can you try running cygserver with -d. For testing best started from the
console, not as service. Maybe within a sysbash to have the same
permissions.

Yes, I did that but did not include it in the e-mail, as I did not see anything meaningful there (no obvious error message). I'll do it again and send it to the list in the next 2-3 days (lost time the last 1-2 days with this).

BTW: My cygwin packages 8.06 and 8.1.2 to test against are at
the setup User Url: http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/

I went back to 8.0.4. I need something which I understand how it happens and why. Thanks, however.

I haven't tested yet such a big 3-4GIG import, a huge index might need
more than with 8.0, but the heavy and parallel regressions do all pass
so far.

OK I'll do the -d option and then we will see if we can do something.

Thanks for your input,
Iv