RE: Bug in setup.exe install

Arthur Schwarz wrote:
> For the last 2+ years I've been unable to upgrade Cygwin on my Win2K
> system without reinstalling from scratch. This has periodically been
> mentioned by other users. I may have found at least one case for a
> failure. Apparently Install.cc:do_install_thread passes a zero length
> string to install.cc:md5_one. The failure is repeatable.

  Thanks for the report, and particularly for the simple testcase.  I'm now
investigating it.

>    b. Select 'View > Partial' after parsing.
>    c. Deselect all Binary and Source update selections except
>       'gawk' Binary.
>      - The following dependencies are automatically chosen by
>        the setup program(?):
>        bash
>        libiconv2
>        libintl3
>    d. Click 'Next'

  One known weakness of setup.exe is when deselecting things with complex
patterns of dependencies.  You might get better results from starting by using
the 'Keep' radio button, to select nothing for installation, and then *adding*
packages you want upgraded.

    cheers,
      DaveK